Want to buy sleddog, trapper, not overbreed

Want to Buy a Dog

Want to buy sleddog, trapper, not overbreed

Postby myself » 21 Apr 2013, 04:12

Hello

I am in Jekabpils region and would like to buy a puppy from Husky 'Mix' or that dont have genetic defects from overbreeding. This is very important for me, I want dogs that live long. Max cost 125 Lats.

Also the dog should be very strong like a trapper dog and not like a race dog.

Also i would like to buy all equipements for creating a dog drawn velo with 2 dogs, can you tell me where in the region I can buy this stuff, or do i need to order it from another country?
myself
Baby
Baby

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Want to buy sleddog, trapper, not overbreed

Postby eldberg » 22 Apr 2013, 11:09

1. this looks like a spam, but will answer anyway... email address did show up in internet, so, maybe it is not a spambot...

I am in Jekabpils region and would like to buy a puppy from Husky 'Mix' or that dont have genetic defects from overbreeding. This is very important for me, I want dogs that live long.

Unusual request, to have a mix husky... as Huskies as a primitive type is quit healthy. Looking for working line dogs might help

Max cost 125 Lats. Also the dog should be very strong like a trapper dog and not like a race dog.

Ok, the cheep price... no problems, our dog shelters are full of husky-mix dogs. what do you mean by trapper?

Also i would like to buy all equipements for creating a dog drawn velo with 2 dogs, can you tell me where in the region I can buy this stuff, or do i need to order it from another country?

do you mean a scooter?
eldberg
admin
admin

Postby myself » 22 Apr 2013, 12:31

Hi thanks for answer, im no spambot! :)

I send you a PM
myself
Baby
Baby

Postby myself » 22 Apr 2013, 12:38

Please send me a email.

What is a working line?

I mean by trapper that it should a strong dog, that can pull alot.

I want to create a velo with two lines and two dogs that pull the velo. Need all equipement for that.
myself
Baby
Baby

Postby eldberg » 22 Apr 2013, 14:54

myself wrote: What is a working line?

that a certain breed dog, that has been breeded looking not for show results, but by the dogs abiulity to work. Most likely such dogs you will get in Scanidinavia or Poland, Germany.

I mean by trapper that it should a strong dog, that can pull alot.

As I have no concept what you mean a strong dog and what is a lot, I will cover the basics:"
1) Only a trained dog will pull (well trained can pull 2x his body mass)
2) On snow or off snow? Because of snow, tempretures very much limit the dogs can work at all. Dog can not replace a horse.

I want to create a velo with two lines and two dogs that pull the velo. Need all equipement for that.

velo (bike) or scooter (bike with no pedals, kickbike)?
And for what reasons - to travel from home to city/shop? Other?
eldberg
admin
admin

Postby myself » 22 Apr 2013, 15:28

velo (bike) or scooter (bike with no pedals, kickbike)?
And for what reasons - to travel from home to city/shop? Other?

Velo, exactly mostly it is for this transport of approx. 15-20 kilometers both ways.

As I have no concept what you mean a strong dog and what is a lot, I will cover the basics:"
1) Only a trained dog will pull (well trained can pull 2x his body mass)
2) On snow or off snow? Because of snow, tempretures very much limit the dogs can work at all. Dog can not replace a horse.

How to train a dog for this? He just dont get it that he needs to pull.
Its is for both. I understand that with the horse, but its so expensive and complicated. I was thinking to use it for quite small distances and controlling the temperatures with water, and choosing the times for the travel in the morning and evening.

Such a working line dog would be nice.
myself
Baby
Baby

Postby myself » 22 Apr 2013, 16:05

When I would choose the times in Juli August from 6 o clock in the morning until 10 o clock? They would pull approx 2.5 hours, 20 kilometers. In the end it would be approx 25-30 degrees for maybe a half an hour. I think they can do it. Or is this fully impractical and you would not do it? With approx 100 kilo on the velo and i am also quite fit?
myself
Baby
Baby

Postby eldberg » 23 Apr 2013, 15:13

myself wrote: I think they can do it.

once... they will do it one...

Or is this fully impractical and you would not do it? With approx 100 kilo on the velo and i am also quite fit?

This will work only in winter.
The idea you have described - unfortunately can not be realized.
eldberg
admin
admin

Return to Gribu nopirkt suni